Works in Progress
Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event has three showcases: Just Film (children and youth film projects) Works in Progress, Baltic Event Works in Progress (Baltic and Finnish projects), International Works in Progress. We will present full-length fiction film projects that will be in production or post-production stage by the moment of presentations in Tallinn on November 26 and 27, 2019. The projects should not have been presented at previous international works in progress showcases; and should not have sales agents attached yet.
The audience of the Works In Progress consists mainly of professional buyers, sales agents, film financiers and festival prorgrammers, including representatives of many of the major film festivals in the world and international press.
Project submissions are now closed. The results will be announced by October 22.
2018 SELECTION, JURY AND AWARDS
Works in Progress Awards
The fourth year of International Works in Progress presented 7 projects and the 16th Baltic Event Works in Progress programme presented 11 projects from the Baltic region and Finland.
The Post Control Award (10 000 EUR)
Post production services in the amount of up to 10 000 Euros but not more than 2/3 of the expenses incurred at Post Control. The award is given to the project, which successfully combines creative and commercial potential.
Winner: Golden Voices by Evgeny Ruman, Israel
Producers: Avraham Pirchi, Chilik Michaeli, Eitan Even
Production companies: UCM, Evanstone Films
Jury statement: “Golden Voices” is a universal, wholly original and heartwarming story. It’s touching with funny elements. The film benefits of moving performances by the two lead actors, especially the female lead Maria Belkin. We think this film has genuine appeal for international audiences and could travel to festivals.
Baltic Event Works in Progress Award (3000 EUR)
The Baltic Event Works in Progress Award will be given to the project with the strongest and boldest artistic vision. The award will help the film gain visibility during its promotion and distribution in the Baltic States by covering related costs in the region.
Winner: Dogs Don’t Wear Pants by J-P Valkeapää, Finland, Latvia
Producers: Aleksi Bardy, Helen Vinogradov
Co-producers: Alise Gelze, Aija Berzina
Production companies: Helsinki-filmi, Tasse Film
Jury statement: It’s a film with a complex story. It deftly combined dark humor with a deeply felt sense of mourning. We were particularly impressed by the beautiful cinematography and film’s production value. We feel this film has real potential for international festivals and audiences.
Baltic Event Works in Progress Baltic View Award (2000 EUR)
Winner: Aurora by Miia Tervo, Finland
Producer: Max Malka
Production company: Dionysos Films
International Works in Progress Baltic View Award (2000 EUR)
Winner: Sisters by Silje Salomonsen, Arild Østin Ommundsen, Norway
Producer: Gary Cranner
Production company: Chezville
Baltic Event & International Works in Progress Jury:
Tatiana Detlofson, Mediaplan, USA
Alena Shumakova, Quinzaine des Réalisateurs, France, Pingyao Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon International Film Festival, China
Alexandre Moreau, Memento Films International, France
18 films in production or post-production looking for sales agents or festivals for international premieres were presented at the Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event Work in Progress sessions on November 28.
International Works in Progress 2018:
- Golden Voices, directed by by Evgeny Ruman, produced by Avraham Pirchi, Chilik Michaeli, Eitan Even, UCM, Evanstone Films, Israel
- Days of the Whale, directed by Catalina Arroyave, produced by Jaime Guerrero, co-produced by Natalia Agudelo, Nicolás Herreño, RaRa, MadLove, Colombia
- Senafon, directed by Evgeny Shelyakin, produced by Vasily Solovyov, Julia Mishkinene, Yury Khrapov, Anna Peskova, 2D Celluloid, Vita Aktiva Production, Russia, Thailand
- Drowsy City, directed by Luong Dinh Dung, produced by Nguyen Thi Huong, Tu Van Media, Vietnam
- On the Edge, directed by by Eduard Bordukov, produced by Elena Glikman, Mikhail Degtyar, Telesto-Film, Russia
- The Hunt, directed by Emre Akay, produced by Tolga Topçu, Emre Akay, Diloy Gülün, Jaguar Projects, Turkey
- Sisters, directed by Silje Salomonsen, Arild Østin Ommundsen, produced by Gary Cranner, Chezville, Norway
- Coming Home, directed by Darya Shumakova, produced by Benik Arakelyan, co-produced by Anna Gasparyan, Makar Zaporozhskiy, Movses Film, Armenia, Russia
Download the project catalogue.
Baltic Event Works in Progress 2018:
- Goodbye Soviet Union, directed by Lauri Randla, produced by Peeter Urbla, co-produced byMark Lwoff, Misha Jaari, Exitfilm, Bufo, Estonia, Finland
- Jesus Shows You the Way to the Highway, directed by Miguel Llansó, produced by Sergio Uguet de Resayre, Kristjan Pütsep, Miguel Llansó, co-produced by Guna Stahovska, Lanzadera Films, Alasti Kino, Spain, Estonia, Ethiopia
- Rain, directed by Janno Jürgens, produced by Kristjan Pütsep, co-produced by Karolina Galuba-Kowalska, Alasti Kino, Furia Film, Estonia, Poland
- Sandra Gets a Job, directed by Kaupo Kruusiauk, produced by Anneli Ahven, Kopli Kinokompanii, Estonia
- Truth and Justice, directed by Tanel Toom, produced by Ivo Felt, co-produced by Armin Karu, Madis Tüür, Allfilm, Estonia
- Aurora, directed by Miia Tervo, produced by Max Malka, Dionysos Films, Finland
- Dogs Don’t Wear Pants, directed by J-P Valkeapää, produced by Aleksi Bardy, Helen Vinogradov, co-produced by Alise Gelze, Aija Berzina, Helsinki-filmi, Tasse Film, Finland, Latvia
- Maria’s Paradise, directed by Zaida Bergroth, produced by Daniel Kuitunen, Kaisla Viitala , co-produced by Evelin Penttilä, Liisa Penttilä-Asikainen, Elokuvayhtiö Komeetta, Stellar Film, Kaiho Republic, Finland, Estonia
- 24 hr Sunshine, directed by Juris Poskus, produced by Madara Melberga, FA Filma, Latvia
- City on the River, directed by Viesturs Kairišs, produced by Guntis Trekteris, co-produced by Julietta Sichel, Kestutis Drazdauskas, Peter Pagauss, Ego Media, 8Heads Productions, Artbox, Latvia, Czech Republic, Lithuania
- The Flood Won’t Come, directed by Marat Sargsyan, produced by Ieva Norvilienė, Tremora, Lithuania
Download the project catalogue.