TV Beats Forum
TV Beats Forum is the newest addition to the Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event conference programme held during Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival, reacting to the real demand of the industry as the series market is taking over from film and the demand for content by global streaming platforms is ever increasing. Local stories can travel everywhere as language barriers are no longer a problem and authenticity rules over generic and universal.
The Forum’s prime objective is to facilitate the entry of regional producers and service providers into the international series co-production industry. Already successful in the international co-production of films – resulting with a Foreign Language Oscar nomination – there is certainly the talent and capacity to do so.
TV Beats Forum is planned as an annual conference providing a comprehensive overview of industry trends and offering a range of masterclasses for local producers and screenwriters, whose work is of paramount importance to the whole industry’s success. We will also make available the best of local original formats by presenting a catalogue of the most successful works.
The primary target markets for collaboration are the Baltic Sea countries: Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Finland, Germany, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Sweden, and Iceland, Norway and Ukraine. Inviting broadcasters, VOD platforms, producers, screenwriters, and other industry professionals, TV Beats Forum is the place to meet the key international players in the region. Starting from small steps from 2018, we have an aim to build a drama series co-production market in the coming years.
TV Beats Forum will take place on November 25 and 26, 2019. Over the two days, various discussion panels, keynote interviews, presentations and workshops, as well as crossmatching events with other Industry@Tallinn activities will take place.
The preliminary programme of TV Beats Forum can be downloaded here, in addition to the sneak peek of the programme’s themes as follows:
- K7 presenting a report on the latest global drama trends from the perspective of European producers — showcasing some of the hottest dramas from around Europe, identifying recent co-production and partnership models across the region, whilst exploring challenges and opportunities for the future of scripted;
- thorough case studies on the HBO Chernobyl series as well a successful Finnish crime drama series All the Sins.;
- discussion panels on new trends from Russia and Ukraine;
- international drama series script competition Script Pool finalists pitch their projects to selected audiences;
- Icelandic drama series keynote;
- Keynote interview on upcoming Amazon series;
- Russian TNT channel will showcase its new titles;
- joint discussions with our Music Meets Film programme on creating soundtrack for Chernobyl series;
The 2 days event’s is moderated by Wendy Mitchell and Kathleen McInnis, who are also working on the programme and speakers.