The European Genre Forum announces projects for 2020
The European Genre Forum EGF, taking place for 6th time this year, has selected eight projects to attend two talent labs in 2020.
The eight projects are invited to attend two talent labs in 2020, the first one, The Producing Lab takes place at Fantastic Zagreb, July 16 -19, 2020. The mentors in Zagreb coaching the teams include the CEO of P1 Kemppinen Petri Kemppinen (former CEO of Nordisk Film & TV Fond) and international script consultant, screenwriter and trainer Simona Nobile.
Karlo Funk, Head of Tallinn Lab at EGF commented that this year projects from all over the world – Europe, Japan, and the USA – were submitted to the forum. “The themes of identity, deception, time travel, and AI are at the center of the stories of EGF2020,” he added.
The Marketing&Packaging Lab takes place in Tallinn during Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event, in the final week of November. During the talent labs, the teams of selected film projects will be able to discuss their ideas with script consultants, learn about the different aspects of (co-) production, sales, and packaging from Industry professionals. The programme also includes mentoring sessions with established genre filmmakers, crowd funders, legal experts, and discussions about case studies of recent, successful films to complete the programme. European Genre Forum is a pan-European project organized by the Black Nights Film Festival from Tallinn; Imagine Film Festival from Amsterdam and Fantastic Zagreb Film Festival. The main goal of this international project is to connect young and upcoming European film talents.
List of the projects:
· Fall (Belgium) Genre: Psychological horror. Director: Steffen Geypens. Producer: Dimitri Verbeeck/ Caviar
· Hear My Vengeance (UK, Japan) Genre: Crime Drama. Director: Jason Gray. Producer: Eiko Mizuno-Gray/ Loaded Films Ltd.
· Meat to Maths (Lithuania) Genre: Sci-fi, psychological drama. Director: Emilija Riviere. Producer: Ramunas Povilanskas/ Povilanskas Films
· Suru (Czech Republic) Genre: Sci-fi Thriller. Director: Anssi Korhonen. Producer: Steve Reverand/ The LAB
· Recurse (Austria) Genre: Sci-fi / Drama. Director: Lucas Voussoughi. Producer: Arno Krimmer/ Ascending Film KG
· The Occupant (The Netherlands) Genre: Sci-fi thriller. Director: Hugo Keijzer. Producer: Maurice Schutte/ HAA! Films
· Tinginys (Italy) Genre: Fantasy drama. Director: Maximilien Dejoie. Producer: Roberto Cavallini/ Albolina Film
· The Vultures (Slovenia) Director: Vida Breže. Producer: Zoran Dževerdanović/ Blade Production
Read more about the projects at the European Genre Forum website.