POWR Baltic Stories Exchange
POWR Baltic Stories Exchange is looking for film projects in the early stages of development and which are actively seeking producers.
The workshop is aimed to give mainly Nordic and Baltic scriptwriters access to an informal and international forum where they can present their projects and writing talent during the largest regional film market in North-Eastern Europe. POWR is a great opportunity for producers to connect with a project at an early stage or to find a writer, co-writer, director, or script consultant for your own project.
POWR Baltic Stories Exchange workshop in 2019. Photos by Johan Huimerind
During our 4-day intensive group-based workshop at Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event, the selected screenwriters will practice skills to pitch their projects through group sessions, talks and rehearsals. It is an open, generous, and sharing atmosphere. In 2019 the workshop was led by the main tutor, Valeria Richter (Denmark), pitch coach Helene Granqvist (Sweden/Nordic Factory) and selected industry guests. The final pitch will be approx. 5 minutes per project, followed by individual feedback and advice shared by selected producers and other film industry representative. POWR is an intensive and fun experience, mixing project work with networking events.
POWR workshop is organized by Baltic Event in collaboration with the region’s Creative Europe MEDIA Desks.
Submissions are handled by Baltic and Nordic Media Desks. Please find detailed information regarding the eligibility criteria, required documentation, special conditions and Rules & Regulations under Submissions.
2019 POWR Baltic Stories Exchange Selection
In 2019 POWR Stories Exhange introduced six new voices and projects from the Baltics, the Nordics
and the year’s country of focus at Baltic Event 2019, Ireland.
The selected projects:
- Quiet – Larissa Curi (Estonia)
- Explorer – Hilke Rönnfeldt (Denmark)
- The Burlaks – Gatis Ungurs Gatis (Latvia)
- Just Desserts – Orla Murphy (Ireland)
- Hyndan (The She-Dog) – Viktor Granö ( Finland)
- Original Voice – Sandra Olsson (Sweden)
Find out more about the projects from the PROJECT CATALOGUE 2019
2018 POWR Baltic Stories Exchange Selection
In 2018 10 projects were presented during POWR Baltic Stories Exchange.
- Innocent Gun – Lucas Abrahao, Bojana Babic (Estonia)
- Room 511 – Sevgi Emel (Finland)*
- Å – Aino Lappalainen (Finland)*
- Suicide Mission – Hanna Partanen (Finland)
- Kerttu/If I Would Talk to You – Kirsi Marie Liimatainen (Finland)
- Hot Pans (working title) – Lotta-Kaisa Riistakoski (Finland)*
- Provider – Susanna Ake (Finland)*
- Alone Against the Sky (working title) – Adel Oberto (Italy)
- Lady from the Sea – Morten Traavik (Latvia/Norway)
- Karin Boye (working title) – Asa Sandzen (Sweden)
*In Partnership with In Focus