POWR and Script Pool Projects Now Public
POWR Baltic Stories Exchange trains writers to deliver a good pitch and find a producer at the public project presentation as well as get industry feedback through pre-arranged POWR Meetings with carefully selected Baltic Event participants.
The workshop was launched by our region’s MEDIA Desks with the goal to bring forward the young talent of the Nordic and Baltic countries. A few years into its success, POWR was moved under the Baltic Event Co-Production Market to give the participants an even wider forum to present their stories. Over the years, many participating projects have found a producer from Baltic Event.
This year, POWR is partnering up with In Focus, a Finnish initiative aimed at female filmmakers that provides an incubator to support four film- or TV projects to cross the bridge from script to production stage. The initiative is funded by the Finnish Cultural Foundation. In Focus will pitch their projects in collaboration with POWR.
Selected screenwriters will present their projects on November 29.
POWR Baltic Stories Exchange 2018:
- Innocent Gun by Lucas Abrahao, Bojana Babic, Estonia
- Room 511 by Sevgi Eker, Finland, In Focus*
- Å by Aino Lappalainen, Finland, In Focus
- Suicide Mission by Hanna Partanen, Finland
- Kerttu / If I Would Talk to You by Kirsi Marie Liimatainen, Finland
- Hot Pans (working title) by Lotta-Kaisa Riistakoski, Finland, In Focus
- Provider by Susanna Ake, Finland, In Focus
- Alone against the Sky (working title) by Adel Oberto, Italy
- Lady from the Sea by Morten Traavik, Latvia/Norway
- Karin Boye (working title) by Asa Sandzen, Sweden
Script Pool Tallinn is a script competition launched at Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event 2017 with the aim of gathering talented scriptwriters with producers attached, in order to provide them support enhancing the script and maximizing therefore its production and distribution potential. The main award of 5000 Euro prize by our partner, leading international sales & distribution company Global Screen GmbH is given to one of the five writer-producer teams invited to Tallinn.
This year, Industry@Tallinn collaborates with MIDPOINT, a training and networking platform with the aim to strengthen the creative collaboration between writers, directors and producers in the development process in Central and Eastern Europe.
The public pitch takes place on November 29, 2018.
Script Pool Tallinn 2018:
- Eva, Stay with Me by Daniel Baldotto, Colombia
- Lisa Antelava is a Bitch by George Varsimashvili, Nicos Panayotopoulos, Georgia
- Man of Deeds by Radu Romaniuc, Romania
- Quake by Tinna Hrafnsdóttir, Iceland
- Welcome to the USA by Assel Aushakimova, Kazakhstan
The jury for Script Pool Tallinn 2018 is:
- Katharina Suckale, producer at Bombay Berlin Film Productions
- Marcello Paolillo, Head of Art of Panic, Stepln project manager at Locarno Film Festival
- Julia Weber, Head of Theatrical Sales & Acquisitions of Global Screen GmbH