Baltic Event Co-Production Market
Co-Production Market, held at Baltic Event since 2005, is the meeting-place for feature films in development looking for co-producers, financiers and sales agents. Around 15 projects are selected each year and over 300 pre-arranged meetings held with decision-makers who have made Tallinn their yearly stopover to look for new projects for their slates. While the market’s primary territory consists of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Northern Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Russia, Georgia and Ukraine, a focus country, Ireland and Argentina in 2019, projects from elsewhere, given that they have a link to the afore-mentioned region and are looking to put together a natural co-production, are welcome. Training on topics such as marketing and distribution in the international environment, multi-platform opportunities, and alternative financing methods is offered for project representatives.
Baltic Event Co-Production Market has presented a grand total of 191 projects since its launch and is proud to announce that 90 of these projects have been completed and dozens are still in various stages of development or production. Over the years, our projects have enjoyed notable success at international film festivals and the box office.
The call for projects is now closed and the results will be available by October 15.
2018 SELECTION, JURY AND AWARDS
Co-Production Market Awards 2018
15 projects were presented in the official selection of the Co-Production Market taking place on November 27-30, 2018, at Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event during Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival.
Eurimages Co-Production Development Award
The award of 20 000 Euros is given to the best project based on its artistic quality and potential for theatrical release.
Winner: A Girl’s Room by Aino Suni, France/Finland
Producers: Sébastien Aubert, Ulla Simonen
Production companies: Adastra Films, MADE
Jury statement: The jury was impressed with the quality of the director’s previous short films. They appreciated the strong personal vision this promising young director has for her debut feature. The jury also noted the strong collaboration between the Finnish and French team since the project’s inception and furthermore they felt this exciting project has the potential to reach international audiences.
Cannes Marché du Film Producers’ Network Award (for Promising Young Producer with free accreditations to next year’s edition)
Winners: Marianne Ostrat, Alexandra Film, Vladimer Chikhradze, 20 Steps Production
Screen International Best Pitch Award (offering coverage of the life-cycle of the winning film)
Winner: The Oasis of Now by Ramy Hamezan, Finland
Producer: Jussi Rantamäki, Aamu Film Company
Jury statement: The filmmaking team clearly presented an engaging and original project that subverts the stereotype of the familiar refugee story. Through this unique perspective the film will give us back the true meaning of human warmth, friendships and family in today’s world.
Co-Production Market Jury:
Emma Scott, Production and Distribution Manager, Screen Ireland, Ireland;
Jeremy Zelnik, Head of Industry, Les Arcs Film Festival, France;
Giovanni Pompili, Producer, Kino Produzioni, Italy
2018 Co-Production Market selection:
- After Hours, written by Kristo Kaas and Mart Raun, directed by Priit Pääsuke, produced by Marianne Ostrat, Alexandra Film, Estonia
- Cartacrespa. written by Michele Codarin, Michele Cogo, Nicola Lucchi, Sara Olivieri, and Massimo Vavassori, directed by Michele Codarin, produced by Fabiana Balsamo, Quasar Multimedia, Italy
- Chemistry, written and directed by Adina Dulcu, produced by Tudor Giurgiu, Libra Film Productions, Romania
- Comrade Dona, written by Filip Columbeanu, directed by Igor Cobileanski, produced by Iuliana Tarnovetchi, Alien Film, Romania
- Erasing Frank, written and directed by Gabor Fabricius, produced by Gabor Ferenczy, FocusFox, Hungary
- A Girl’s Room, written and directed by Aino Suni, produced by Sébastien Aubert, Adastra Films, France
- Light Light Light, written by Juuli Niemi, directed by Inari Niemi, produced by Oskari Huttu, Lucy Loves Drama, Finland
- Lovable, written and directed by Stanislavs Tokalovs, produced by Alise Gelze, Tasse Film, Latvia
- The Oasis of Now, written by Hamy Ramezan and Antti Rautava, directed by Hamy Ramezan, produced by Jussi Rantamäki, Aamu Film Company, Finland
- Oxygen, written by Birute Kapustinskaite, directed by Ernestas Jankauskas, produced by Gabija Siurbyte, Dansu Films, Lithuania
- Patagonia, written and directed by Aga Zwiefka, produced by Izabela Igel, Harine FIlms, Poland
- Quake, written and directed by Tinna Hrafnsdóttir, produced by Hlín Jóhannesdóttir, Ursus Parvus, Iceland
- Wedding on My Street, written and directed by Shota Gamisonia, produced by Vladimer Chikhradze, LTD 20 Steps Productions, Georgia
- Youri, written by Bastiaan Tichler, directed by Sander Burger, produced by Denis Vaslin, Volya Films, Netherlands
- Zenith, written by Olga Reka and Igor Stekolenko, directed by Igor Stekolenko, produced by Natalia Libet, Digital Religion, Ukraine
Download the project catalogue.
Please download Baltic Event logos for print here:
Please download Baltic Event logos for screen here:
Please download Baltic Event transparent logo here: